How to Make Ice Cream for Dogs: Easy Peanut Butter & Jelly Swirl Ice Cream Recipe
You know we love to deliver easy-to-make treat and meal recipes for your doggy. This one is no exception. Your dog is absolutely going to LOVE this ice cream for dogs. It uses yummy and good-for-you ingredients like yogurt, banana and peanut butter (always unsweetened)…so you know it will be a hit.
- 1 banana, ripe and mashed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (always unsweetened and definitely NEVER containing xylitol, which is unsafe for dogs)
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 1/4 cup pureed strawberries
How to Make Peanut Butter & Jelly Swirl Ice Cream for Your Dog:
- Combine the mashed banana, peanut butter and yogurt in a bowl until well combined.
- Swirl in the pureed strawberries.
- Place the ice cream into small air-tight containers or silicon cupcake molds. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours before serving.
Keep any leftovers covered in the freezer until ready to serve. Your dog will go crazy for these!
It's always tempting to give your dog a bit of your own ice cream…and it's true, a little taste probably won't hurt him. But it's so easy to make this dog-friendly ice cream and keep it on hand for a healthy treat for him.