5 Easy and Yummy Treat Recipes That Your Dog Will Love
This Cutie Will Do Anything for a Homemade Treat!
Dogs love their treats. Enough that they’re willing to sit, roll over, speak, and a multitude of other tricks just to receive one as a reward. But it can be scary buying treats when you don’t know for sure how they were made or what might be in them.
When you make your own dog treats at home you know exactly what you put in them. This can be especially important if your dog has an allergies or sensitivities to any food products.
The following recipes are yummy for your dog, and easy for you.
#1 – Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Treats
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ flax seed
- ¼ cup peanut butter (be sure it does not contain Xylitol. This is a sugar substitute that is toxic for dogs.)
- Preheat oven 350
- Stir dry ingredients on bowl and then add beef broth and peanut butter to form a thick batter.
- Roll into small balls on floured surface.
- Cut into shapes using a cup or cookie cutters.
- Bake for 10 and then turn over. Bake another 10 minutes.
- After they’re cooled, they are ready for your dog to enjoy.
- They can be safely kept for about a week in an airtight container.
#2 – Two Ingredient Frozen Treat
This one is super easy and a great treat for a hot summer day.
- 1 cup peanut butter (again, any brand that does NOT contain xylitol. This is toxic to dogs.)
- 32 oz vanilla yogurt
- Melt peanut butter in microwave
- Mix peanut butter and yogurt
- Pour into cupcake paper liners in muffin pan
#3 – Chicken Dog Biscuits
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbs oil
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix ingredients. Add a little more broth if needed for a rollable firmness
- Place on floured surface and roll out in a 1/8 inch thickness
- Use a cookie cutter to make desired shapes
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave until oven is cool
#4 – Cheesy Bone Treats
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 1/3 cup water
- Mix flour and cheese then stir in oil in water. Add more oil as need until dough is stiff.
- Roll on floured surface until 3/8 inches thick
- Use bone shaped cookie cutter
- Baked at 250 on ungreased cookie sheet for 2 ½ hour until dry. Cook another 30 minutes if needed.
#5 – Pumpkin Treats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and preheat over to 350
- Mix peanut butter, pumpkin puree and eggs with mixer for two minutes. Add flour and mix.
- Roll out dough on floured surface until ¼ inch thick
- Using cookie cutter cut out shapes
- Place shapes on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart
- Bake for 20 minutes. Larger shapes may require 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely
- Store in airtight container for a week. You can also freeze some for later.
As you can see, these are simple to make and include plenty of delicious ingredients your dog will love. And seriously, make any of these and your dog is going to be your even bigger best friend.