How to Make Healthy Chicken and Rice Dog Treats
A lot of dog treat recipes include flour, which is OKAY for dogs in moderation. If you're looking for a healthier option for homemade treats that your dog will still love, try these Healthy Chicken and Rice Dog Treats.
All it takes is three simple good-for-your-dog ingredients and your dog will love it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup bone broth
How to Make These Healthy Chicken and Rice Treats:
- Bake the chicken breasts at 375 F for about 30 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Choosing to make a stickier rice will make it easier to form your treats.
- Place chicken in a food processor to ensure it is very finely chopped.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, rice and bone broth with your hands until it can easily be formed into shapes.
- Form into treats with about 2-3 tablespoons mixture per treat…whatever shape you'd like, but about 1 inch high. You can form into a bone shape, but your dog won't care. He's going to wolf these down right away.
- Place the treats on a parchment lined baking sheet and put in a 350 F oven.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Storing Your Homemade Dog Treats:
After they have cooled to room temperature, we recommend freezing any leftover treats in an airtight container or freezer bag and defrosting as necessary.
Instead of chicken, you can use cooked salmon, lean turkey or lean ground beef. Your dog will love the variety!